Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Yellow Mango Salsa


Happy Cinco de Mayo! It is 68 degrees and sunny, and I am counting down to my 5-mile evening walk with Chloe. Walking season is officially underway, and I am trying to get in at least 20 miles a week. I decided a long time ago that I love exercising, but walking will always win as my favorite. My ultimate dream is to be the 90-year-old woman in a head-to-toe matching warmup suit walking all around the neighborhood pumping one-pound hand weights. I figure it is never to early to start reaching for your dreams, and I think I am on my way in more ways than one!

Speaking of reaching my dreams, the Kickstarter campaign for my upcoming cookbook Bowls of Love has been insanely successful! The campaign is only on day 4 of 28, and it crossed the 75% funding line today! The whole experience has been incredible, and I cannot thank my backers enough! 

Now, I am off to tend to the guacamole!   

Yellow Mango Salsa: Serves 4-6, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: N/A

Ingredients:
- 1lb. mini yellow tomatoes (or any other variety of tomatoes), diced
- 2 yellow ataulfo mangoes (or 1 large regular mango), peeled & diced
- 2 small orange bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper

Instructions:
1. Add all ingredients in a bowl
2. Stir well to combine, and then refrigerate for a few hours (if possible) - the longer it sits, the better the flavors taste!
3. Serve on top of your favorite Paleo tacos or as a fresh side dish all Spring and Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment