Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Primal Meatza w/ Caramelized Onions & Goat Cheese

What a weekend! I officially launched the Kickstarter project for my upcoming cookbook Bowls of Love. Thanks to the incredible generosity and support of my backers, I have already raised over $6,000 of the $10,000 goal in the first 3 days! I have been reaching out to people like crazy spreading the word, and the response has been spectacular. I am so grateful for the interest in my project, and I am incredibly thankful to reconnect with old friends and meet new people with similar interests. I am so passionate about creating beautiful healthy food for the people I love, and now that mission is spreading like wildfire! The rewards for contributing to the project are great and include signed copies of the cookbook, cooking lessons, cooking parties at your home, and an opportunity to get a recipe in the book dedicated to you! You can check out the campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alirak/bowls-of-love-paleo-soups-for-the-seasons

Tonight's recipe is a paleo pizza known as "meatza" that uses organic, grass-fed ground beef as the crust. I made this for Ry, and he loved it! He is a big cheese lover, so I topped his meatza with some fresh goat cheese. If you stay away from the dairy like me, I recommend adding extra veggies of your choice. These are so easy to make and are incredible delicious! Give them a try folks ;)

Primal Meatza w/ Caramelized Onions & Goat Cheese: Serves 2-3, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: 20 min

Ingredients:
- 1lb. organic, grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. italian seasoning (rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, etc.)
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. olive or coconut oil
- fresh crushed tomatoes or small can of tomato paste or sauce
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat
3. Add onions and cook until lightly browned (about 10 minutes)
4. Add peppers and let cook another 10 minutes until cooked through
5. Meanwhile, mix the ground beef and all spices/seasonings in a bowl
6. Press the meat mixture into two pie dishes - the meat "crust" should be very thin
7. Bake the meat pies for 10 minutes
8. Remove the dishes, drain the excess fat, flip the meat, and reduce the oven temp to 375 degrees
9. Top with crushed tomatoes, onions, peppers, and goat cheese
10. Cook for another 5-10 minutes

Note: The meat crusts will shrink a lot when you bake them, so don't be surprised!

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment