Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Unbeatable Beet Chips


Today did not turn out as expected. Though I may think I am the most organized human on the planet, I did not realize that Kickstarter campaigns have to be reviewed and approved before launching and that it can take "a few days." I discovered this Tuesday afternoon and worked like a madwoman for 5 hours on finalizing the campaign. I submitted at 10pm on Tuesday and am now waiting to hear back for final approval. My dream of launching on May 1st crumbled, but I have a feeling that May 2nd (or 3rd or 4th...) will be just as exciting. I am so incredibly excited to share my project with the world and give everyone a taste of my upcoming cookbook. It is my first time focusing all of my creativity and ignoring my math brain, and it has been incredible! I am even getting more active on social media to generate the buzz. I am not an expert tweeter by any means, but my goal is to at least triple my followers (@sooopaleo) by the end of the campaign! Stay tuned for updates - I will share all of the information as soon as it's available!

Tonight's recipe is a simple snack or side dish that really is incredible. I just started eating beets about two years ago, and there is no turning back. You can make these for kids in all different colors (using yellow and golden beets as well), and they are so crispy and flavorful. I would've added garlic powder as well (that should go without saying), but I have to admit that I ran out.

Give these a try, and let me know how they come out! Enjoy :)

P.S. If you have disposable rubber/latex gloves, you may want to wear them while peeling and cutting the beets - the juice will stain your hands!

Unbeatable Beet Chips: Serves 2, Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 25-30 min

Ingredients:
- 1 large beet, washed and peeled
2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- fine sea salt
- pepper

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Slice beets into thin, even slices
3. Lay all slices on a foil-covered pan
4. Brush the beets with 1 tsp. olive oil, and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper
5. Flip beets and brush the other sides with the remaining 1 tsp. of oil and salt and pepper
6. Cook for 15 minutes
7. Flip beets and then cook another 10-15 minutes until they reach your desired crispiness

  

No comments:

Post a Comment