It's Tuesday, so you should be eating tacos! Growing up, I absolutely hated Mexican food, and I moaned and groaned when my mom said we would be heading to our local Mexican restaurant Senor Panchos. The only thing I was willing to eat was a plain chicken and cheese quesadilla with no salsa, veggies, or guacamole. I have clearly seen the light since then, and now my family misses the days when they had one less person to fight over the guacamole with!
Tacos are a perfect paleo meal that can be scaled down for one or doubled/tripled for a big group. The more the merrier, so grab some friends and enjoy some post-election Tuesday tacos! If you are feeling really dangerous, you can serve with raw veggies + guac and some refreshing NorCal margaritas (tequila, lime juice, and soda/sparkling water).
P.S. ¡Ahora adoro comer la comida mexicana, y disfruto de hablar en español también! ¡Puedas escribir un comentario en español en el pie de página si quieras! ¡Viva el Paleo!
- 1lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 16oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 tomato
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, & cilantro
- Lettuce (boston/bibb cups or romaine sleeves)
1. Cook ground beef with onions and garlic over medium heat (7-10 minutes). While it cooks, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cilantro, and any other herbs/spices (I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food!)
2. When meat is cooked to your preference, add mushrooms and peppers, and cook for another 3-5 minutes
3. Squeeze a lime over the mixture and mix thoroughly
4. Serve taco mixture in lettuce cups, and top with avocado or guacamole