Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Paleo Macaroons


I really should be sleeping right now, but I have too many ideas and thoughts racing through my head. My IIN program is teaching the importance of holistic health and happiness, and while nutrition (paleo for me) is a huge factor in my overall wellness, there are so many other aspects of life that require just as much attention and nurturing. Tonight's recipe is the other Thanksgiving dessert I made last week which was inspired by Elana's Pantry blog entry for gluten free coconut macaroons. To keep the Thanksgiving theme alive for a little longer, I want to share the things I am thankful for today:

1. Meaningful connections with new friends
2. Closure
3. Excitement about the unknown
4. Amazing stories
5. Beautiful (non-coincidental) signs from the universe

In terms of my holistic health, today has been a wonderful day. Looking forward to all those ahead. In the meantime, make some paleo macaroons ;)  


Ingredients:
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
2. Whisk egg whites and salt thoroughly (at least 5 minutes)
3. Add honey and vanilla, and whisk until well combined
4. Fold in coconut
5. Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
6. Bake for 17-22 minutes until lightly browned

Note: The original recipe says this should make 48 macaroons, but mine made exactly 24, and I used an actual tablespoon to measure. I definitely recommend doubling the recipe if you need to feed a large crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment