Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Garlic Sesame Kale Chips

I am officially ready for my big vacation! I'm all packed, I got 4 new tires for my car, got my nails done, made CDs for the car ride, gassed up, and mapped out the trip. I have to admit that this 130-mile drive is going to be the longest drive I have ever done in my life! That may seem hard to believe, but I usually draw the line at 30 miles. My mix CD has a big job of keeping me awake and alert on the road. It is quite the eclectic mix:

1. "I Will Wait" by Mumford & Sons
2. "Home" by Phillip Phillips
3. "Get Back to Ya" by Casey Hurt
4. "Madness" by Muse
5. "Some Nights" by Fun
6. "Pretty Wings" by Maxwell
7. "The a Team" by Ed Sheeran
8. "Overwhelmed" by Tim McMorris
9. "This Woman's Work" by Maxwell
10. "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman
11. "Hall of Fame" by The Script & will.i.am
12. "Why" by Annie Lennox
13. "Climax" by Usher

Between this and my Lumineers CD, I should be good to go. I most likely won't be doing much blogging over the next week, but I will have loads of stories and new recipes when I'm back. In the meantime, here is a simple recipe for garlic sesame kale chips. I have made these four days in a row, and they never get old. Feel free to switch up the seasonings for a new twist if you don't like eating the same thing all week like I do! Enjoy these as a snack, appetizer, or side.

Ingredients:
- 2 bunches kale, stems removed
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- fine sea salt
- pepper
- sesame seeds

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Put kale leaves in a mixing bowl and break into chip-sized pieces. Be sure to discard any stems/crunchy bits
3. Drizzle a little olive oil in the bowl and rub the oil into the kale leaves with your hands
4. Arrange on a foil-lined cookie sheet, and sprinkle with garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper
5. Bake for 10 minutes, toss the leaves, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake for another 5-15 minutes based on your crispiness preference


  



No comments:

Post a Comment