Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Chicken & Brussel Bowl

I never thought my love for the 80's could be any stronger, but it has reached an all-time high. Thanks to one of my lovely coworkers (hi Moaky!), I now appreciate and miss that beautiful decade more than ever. I am not ashamed to admit that I have dabbled with online dating in the past, and it always was an experience to remember. I did meet some wonderful people along the way, but I also have many hilarious stories (think allergic reaction + bloody nose + shrieking). I am lucky to have the online dating chapter of my life behind me, but after seeing this video from Moak, I am not so sure. Before eHarmony, Match, and OKcupid, apparently there were VHS movies you could get with video clips of potential suitors. I cannot stop watching this video... it just doesn't get old: Single Hotties in the 80's 

I wasn't sure what to make for dinner tonight, so I just took a few ingredients from the fridge and threw them together. This turned out to be one of my favorite dinners in a while. The toasty garlic was delicious, and I loved the combo of flavors. I really think the spinach from the farmers market this week is the best spinach I have ever tasted. The leaves are enormous (almost the size of my face), and they are thick with almost a little crunch. I snacked on some leaves while I was cooking, and it tasted like I was eating them fresh out of the garden. Try this recipe out next time you are in a rush and don't have a dinner plan. You won't regret it!

Chicken & Brussel Bowl Serves 2, Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 20 min

Ingredients:
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. coconut oil
- 8 oz. chicken, poached & shredded
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, quartered
- 1 cup spinach
- Sea salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Melt coconut oil over medium heat
2. Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant and lightly browned
3. Add brussel sprouts and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often
4. Add shredded chicken and spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes
5. Add salt & pepper to taste, and serve in a bowl. That was easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment