Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms w/ Sweet Potato & Spinach

Days 1-3 in Florida have been wonderful. Mom and I had a fun-filled day at the outlets on Thursday. We shopped for over 8 hours and only took a 15 minute break in the middle for lunch. While I never was a huge fan of tailgating in the past (too much beer), we had the best tailgate lunch party in her truck eating paleo salads. We certainly got a few looks, but we didn't care! The day ended when we almost got run over by a teenage driver with hot pink leopard seat covers. We were walking in the rain with bright clothes on and a giant golf umbrella, and she came insanely close to running us over. She rolled down her window to apologize by saying she didn't see us. I was so delirious at this point, I bent over in the middle of the street and started hysterically laughing (trying not to pee) in the pouring rain. Anyone close to me has experienced this situation at least once with me... :)

Last night we cooked a great feast and then played May-I (our signature family card game). The retired life is really agreeing with me, and I may never leave. I highly recommend trying out today's recipe. I used to make something similar pre-paleo that had quinoa (inspired by http://www.tastingindependence.com/2012/01/quinoa-sweet-potato-stuffed-shrooms.html), and I have wanted to it paleo-style ever since. It is easy and delicious - give it a try!

Ingredients:
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and insides cleaned
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (or 3 small), chopped
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Toss chopped sweet potato with a little olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
3. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until cooked through and a little crisp
4. Add spinach and cook for another 5 minutes until spinach wilts
5. Spoon the sweet potato/spinach mixture into the portobello caps, and put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment