Hello from Stamford! December is a month full of travel, and I still have another four mini trips before the month ends. I also am insanely excited to report that I booked a week-long trip to Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires. I spend a week at there ten years ago, and I am well overdue for a return visit. I honestly think that Canyon Ranch is a slice of heaven on earth, and I would recommend every single person to experience it at some point if at all possible. I am about to call my program coordinator to sign up for lectures, healthy cooking demonstrations, and spa/medical services ranging from Ayurveda and ancient Chinese medicine techniques to detoxifying rituals and hypnotherapy. I am going to have a lot of stories when I return, so you should be excited too!
This is a quick recipe tonight - the last of the Florida meals. Mom and I needed a very quick dinner after almost 10 hours of shopping last week. We tag-teamed dinner and were eating in under 15 minutes. This is a perfect dinner for a rushed night that can comfortably serve 3 hungry people!
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1+ Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- sea salt, pepper, and any other spices of choice
- 1 avocado
1. Cook grass-fed ground beef over medium heat until cooked through (6-9 minutes)
2. Drain the excess fat from the pan
3. Add garlic and onion and cook for another 5 minutes
4. Add red bell pepper and all spices
5. Cook for a couple more minutes - as this cooks, set all plates with a layer of spinach
6. Scoop the mixture on top of the spinach leaves and top with sliced avocado