If you are looking for a fresh new idea for a main course to impress your dinner guests, you can try out this amazing recipe from my mom. I requested fresh pesto to avoid the cheese in the store-bought kind, and we arrived at this great dish. The meat is Australian lamb loin chops - there are bones and they are very thick, so the cooking time is a bit long for these. This recipe is extremely simple, and if you happen to have a batch of pesto on hand already, there is virtually no prep work. Give these a try, and let me know how they come out!
- 4 oz. fresh basil
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- seal salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Australian lamb loin chops (~2 lbs.)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Add basil to food processor
3. When basil is chopped down, add all other ingredients
4. Pulse for 1-2 minutes until smooth - you may need to scrape down the edges every 20-30 seconds so it mixes well
5. Spread the full pesto mixture on top of the lamb
6. Bake for 20 minutes
7. Flip the chops over, and baste the tops with the pesto in the pan
8. Bake for another 10-20 minutes based on meat preference
9. Let rest for 5 minutes, and serve!
Note: After you cut off the first few pieces of meat, pick these chops up, and eat them with your hands! If Ron did it, anybody can!