Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Spring Spinach Salad

Happy May! I have been beyond MIA, and my poor blog has been neglected (I think I have said this one too many times lately...). The past couple of weeks have been nonstop madness, mostly due to my move back to Stamford. Thanks to a lot of help (thank you family!), I was able to move, unpack, decorate, and get totally settled in 96 hours. I have a lot of scratches and bruises to show for it, and I am so thrilled with my new place. Home to me should be a place of serenity and love; I am so grateful to have my own apartment again and build a home in the exact way that makes me feel fulfilled and comforted. I was able to sell most of my furniture before the move so I could get a fresh start in all respects. I am loving the new furniture, my wonderful building, and most importantly being closer to family, friends, and colleagues again. In the midst of all the greatness, I am learning to readjust to office life. This is the fourth day in a row that I have dressed up, worn heels, blowdried my hair, and engaged with dozens of people - definitely a record for the past 2 years! As the weeks go on and I adjust, I will find a way to make time for my cooking and blogging and share some wonderful spring meals with all of you. My first recipe is a great spring salad for those on the go. My cooking is much more strategic now since I am planning many meals in advance to bring to work with me. I love a good salad, so I prepped all of the ingredients on Sunday night and then threw a fresh salad together each night to bring the next day to the office. The ingredient options are endless, and I will be sure to share all future creations!

To the right you will see my brand new dining area in my new place. The chairs are missing (they will be delivered on Saturday), but you can see the table is just dying for some visitors and a dinner party! I can only imagine all of the meals and wonderful times that will happen around this table over the years to come. There are two leaves hanging out in my closet, so I can seat up to 10 people! There are many great things ahead, and I am very excited for this new chapter of my life. Looking forward to feeding you along the way!

Spring Spinach Salad: Serves 4, Prep time: 30 minutes, Cook time: N/A

Ingredients:
8 cups organic spinach, washed
- 1 lb. cooked organic chicken, chopped or shredded (I poached mine)
- 1 avocado
- 4 kumato tomatoes
- 3 small sweet peppers, chopped (use red, orange, and yellow for a beautiful mix!)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed

Instructions:
1. Grab 4 tupperware containers (if you are packing these to-go)
2. Put 2 cups of spinach in each container
3. Split remaining ingredients equally amongst the 4 containers
4. Top with your favorite homemade paleo salad dressing or a little lemon juice, olive oil, and/or balsamic vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment