Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fiesta Chicken Bowl

I have spent the last couple of days with a heavy heart thinking about the tragedy that happened in Boston on Monday. I flew to Minneapolis around noon on Monday and landed just after 3pm. I had dozens of texts and messages when I landed, and I quickly learned what happened. I am beyond thankful that everyone I know was OK, but I can't stop thinking about all those who were heavily affected both physically and mentally. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved, and I can only hope that nothing like this will ever happen again.

Amidst all of the tragedy, it has been inspirational watching the city come together even from afar. I have mixed emotions for my travel home on Friday with only 4 more days in Boston before I move. In my last few days, I plan on seeing as many friends as possible, feeding people delicious food cooked from my heart, and soaking up all of the positive experiences and energy that Boston gave me throughout the two-year roller coaster. As you reflect on the events from this week, all I can say is to grab your loved ones, make a beautiful meal, and appreciate the little things in life because life and love are as precious as anything.

Fiesta Chicken Bowl: Serves 2, Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 15 min

Ingredients:- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 8 oz. poached chicken, chopped or shredded
- Fine sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, sliced

Instructions:
1. Heat oil over medium heat
2. Add onions and garlic and cook until lightly browned, turning often (about 10 minutes)
3. Add peppers and chicken (chicken should be pre-cooked) and cook for another 5 minuntes
4. Add salt and pepper to taste, and then top with avocado slices
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment