Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sweet & Savory Moroccan Chicken


Who likes moving? Most people assume that I love to move given the fact that I am about to move into my EIGHTH home in 6 years, but that couldn't be further from the truth. While I love to be out and about and travel, I truly am a homebody, and I appreciate a good sense of stability and home more than anyone. I'm hoping that move #8 is a lucky one, because it has been a rocky road for sure! Today was quite a day, and my apartment is upside-down. I met a few interesting characters from Craigslist, and I successfully sold the majority of my furniture. Now I just need to get through 5 whirlwind days of travel for work, and I will officially be in the home stretch. My blog will be a bit neglected over the next week or two, but I am almost up to my 100th recipe, so you should have plenty to keep you busy in the meantime.

Tonight's recipe is thanks to a trifecta of inspiration: a chicken tagine dish that my friend Kat made to one of our ladies' night potlucks, all of the amazing spices in the food in Dubai, and my new favorite restaurant in Naples called  Bha! Bha! Persian Bistro that I tried with mom and Ron. My entire apartment smelled heavenly while this cooked, and it couldn't be any easier. You will love this dish! 

Sweet & Savory Moroccan Chicken: Serves 8, Prep time: 15 min, Cook time: 40 min

Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless organic chicken thighs
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. dried apricots
- 8 oz. dried plums / prunes (get pitted!)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and arrange in 2 pans
3. Add sliced onion and garlic
4. Drizzle the olive oil on top and mix to combine
5. Add all spices
6. Top with apricots and plums
7. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through with no pink

  

No comments:

Post a Comment