Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sauteed Kale & Kumatos

Happy Mother's Day! I couldn't be more blessed in the Mom department. Over the years, my mom and I have gotten closer and closer, and I cannot imagine my life without her. She knows me inside and out and has been by my side through absolutely everything. She is one special lady, and she really has taught me how to be a superwoman in every way. She has managed to be a dedicated (and strict) mother, an amazing nurse, an X-rated comedian, an all-star athlete, a fantastic wife, and a loving sister/aunt/friend/etc. Distance may separate us, but nothing could make us any closer. 

I used to hate that my Mom was always right. She was right about every (ex) boyfriend, every big (and little) decision, and the fact that things will always turn out the way they are supposed to. Now I love that I know she is always right, because it makes things a whole lot easier. She promised me when I was a little girl that I would like tomatoes one day, and I promised her I wouldn't. Clearly she was right, and here I am popping a taste of every type of tomato I can get my hands on. Today's recipe is a healthy and delicious side dish to make for your mom (she deserves it!). Kumato tomatoes are a great alternative to your standard pick, and the colors and flavors really compliment the kale. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Sauteed Kale & Kumatos: Serves: 2, Prep time: 5 min, Cook time: 10 min

Ingredients:
- 1 bunch organic lacinto kale (or other kale of choice), chopped
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- fine sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 2 kumato tomatoes, sliced

Instructions:
1. Heat coconut oil over medium heat
2. Add kale, and cook until soft (about 5-7 minutes)
3. Season lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
4. Top with sliced kumatos 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment