Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Deconstructed Garden Pesto "Pasta"


What a week! I truly believe that I have had the most productive days of my life recently, and it is all paying off. My upcoming cookbook Bowls of Love is FINALLY coming together! It has been months and months (and months) of some serious hard work, and I am overflowing with excitement as I see it becoming a reality. Thanks to the hard work and brilliant creativity of my incredible designer Margot, the book looks so professional, colorful, and just my style. I released a sneak peak of the cover on Monday, and the response has been incredible. The books should be delivered to me by mid-October and in your hands before Halloween just in time for cool Fall nights and the holiday season. If you want to get your hands on a first-edition signed copy of the book at 20% off, you can order a pre-sale copy at my Square shop - don't forget to enter PRESALE20 at checkout to get your discount.

I am also eagerly awaiting some big-named Paleo celebrities to review my manuscript! I am hoping for at least one review/endorsement for the book, and I will keep you all posted on the progress. In the midst of all of the craziness, I wanted to make a simple yet perfect summer dinner tonight. I was eating alone because Ry had to work late, so I made some zucchini noodles and threw in a tomato and some basil from our balcony garden. It tasted AMAZING, and while the picture wasn't perfect, I decided I should share it with all of you! Go pick some tomatoes and give it a try! 

Deconstructed Garden Pesto "Pasta": Serves 1, Prep time: 5 min, Cook time:  10-15 minutes

Ingredients:
- 1 small zucchini, peeled into "noodles"
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 5-10 small basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Heat the oil over medium heat
2. Add the garlic and saute for 5 minutes until fragrant
3. Add the zucchini noodles, and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft
4. Add the tomato, pine nuts, and basil, and cook another 2-5 minutes until well combined
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste

YOU WILL LOVE THIS! 

2 comments:

  1. I just found this recipe while searching paleo recipes. I immediately went to the kitchen and made it. Easy and delicious! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! This recipes (and all my others) can be found on the blog within my new website www.intersectioncoaching.com. Enjoy!

      Delete