Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Chicken Salad

Happy 100th recipe to Sooo Paleo!  It has been a fantastic journey, and I am really just getting started. Over the past 9 months, I have shared my recipes with people in over 100 countries, and the feedback has been incredible. I have learned a lot about cooking (and myself) along the way, and I am excited for everything to come! Spreading the word about delicious food that is healthy, fresh, organic, and local is a mission that I'm proud to be a part of. I have cooked for family, friends, coworkers, and strangers, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I have big dreams for my health coaching business and sizable goals for impacting my community with the tools and knowledge to use food as medicine and make choices every day that benefit their health, loved ones, and the environment we live in. 

I am loving that I live so close to the Stamford French Market. Every Saturday, I can walk outside my door and in less than a minute stroll around the market and pick up some fresh fruits, veggies, herbs, and flowers. I have to say that the market here doesn't even come close to comparing to SOWA in Boston, but it's a start. Sadly there are no rules about the food all being local, so much of it mirrors your standard grocery store options. That being said, I try to buy the fresh-picked local varieties, and it is still great to buy everything outside with neighbors and friends in my community. A new market opens down in the Stamford Harbor area this Sunday, so I will have to check it out and report back. 

Tonight's 100th recipe perfectly represents my cooking style: simple, delicious, fresh, and colorful! An amazing seasonal dish that can be brought to the beach, on a picnic, or served at your next brunch or luncheon. Enjoy!

Summer Chicken Salad: Serves 4, Prep time: 10 min, Cook time: None

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. poached chicken, cooled and chopped or shredded
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- 4-6 fresh apricots, chopped
- 1-2 cups grapes, halved
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 large tomato

Instructions:
1. Drizzle the olive oil on the poached chicken until lightly coated
2. Mix with apricots, grapes, basil, and coconut
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste
4. Serve on 1/2-inch tomato slices


  

No comments:

Post a Comment